Transport Services & Infrastructure
The Department is headed by the Commissioner Transport Sevices and Infrastructure
The Transport Sevices and Infrastructure Department pledges to do the following;
- Undertake studies and engineering designs for rail, water and air transport modes;
- Implement plans for transport services and infrastructure for all modes of transport (Road, Rail, Water and Air);
- Carry out research to identify requirements for development of transport and improvement of transport services and infrastructure;
- Assess the impact of modes of transport in respect to socio-economic development and poverty eradication in the country;
- Formulate, Assess and evaluate the cost of transport services in terms of tariffs and user charges in the Transport sector;
- Promote and regulate the Logistics industry.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of public corporations in the sub- sector (Uganda, Rift valley railways and civil aviation authority) to ensure efficiency and adherence to standards; and
- Promote collaboration linkages and liaising with Regional and international organisations concerned with provision of transport services and infrastructure.